Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Interesting Conservative Voice of Dissent

William S. Lind writes a column for Military.com where he provides analysis on the conduct of the war in Iraq from a dissenting conservative viewpoint. He has a rather idée fixe distaste for the neocons, and he makes some cultural points with which I disagree to varying degrees, but his military analysis seems first rate.

NOTE: Lind has written for Pat Buchananan's American Conservative magazine (you will pardon me if I don't link), and he leads a beltway think-tank called the "Center for Cultural Conservatism at the Free Congress Foundation." I'm sure I'd disagree with him on a great many things. Nevertheless, his strategy and tactics writings have been widely read and discussed in military circles over the last two decades (and have had a profound influence on Marine Corps doctrine), and he has cogent points to make about the conduct of the war in Iraq.


UPDATE: In an article elsewhere, Lind writes with Paul M. Weyrich on conservative reasons to improve public transit. I may be less likely to disagree with the man as I had suspected. This is the sort of reasonable, logical conservativism that I admire.

It's tough to be a moderate. Do I have to post something kind of liberal, next, to balance this post?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home